Thursday, February 5, 2009

CUTTING EDGE SCULPTURE by CTSCULPTURE

Growing up my mother and three grandmothers, who had there own unique art talent and was constanly exhibiting art in their house. Mother loved doing large murals with her children every Christmas. Grandma Betty worked in the sweat shops in the sewing or cutting area, she would mail us remnants from the Los Angles sweat shops. Grandma Jerry crocheted ruffled doilies. Her crocheted doilies had many layers of ruffles that she dipped into the hot cooked boxed starch, for a few minutes, than laying them on a flat surface to cool. The more they cooled the higher she could make the ruffles stand.

I base my theory on the knowledge that was hand down to me as a starting point that is ever developing. I have chosen fabric for my medium death do us part. My very first technical training was taught at Highland elementary School Miss Joan Mcdonald my sixth grade teacher who opened the door to pastels, chalk, water colors and acrylic. Life's twists and turns have shown me that there is more than one way to skin a cat. Staying focus and kept introducing myself to the ever changing world of art.

No comments: